Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bee stings and pennies

O.K. so I have received this e-mail saying if you get a bee sting grab a penny and place it on the area stung for 15 min. and it will take away the pain and swelling plus the next day it will look like a little prick. So today one of the little girls got stung on her heel and luckily the stinger was sticking out so I pulled it out and proceeded to get a penny I placed it on her ankle for 15+min. and even before the 15 min. was up I touched the penny and was surprised that the penny was warm to touch. I don't know for sure if this works but the girl didn't complain or itch it didn't swell and I will know tomorrow if there is some truth to this myth.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It seemed to work I'm amazed! If you are allergic I suggest that you take other routes than put your faith in a penny. But It really did work for us yesterday.

bigg13jas said...

I should have tried it. I got stung on the foot 2 days ago and it is itching like crazy today.