Saturday, July 26, 2008




Yesterday I woke up to little water pressure. I saw standing water in the back yard. I checked the basement but it was dry. There was no water near the house. When Fred got home I told him and he turned off the water to the sprinkler system. Jim came down and they found the break in the main sprinkler line. Then Julie and Jim went to the movie. Edward went downstairs to get a sleeping bag for Wesley and found three to five inches of water in the basement. We started taking things out with Lori's family and Terry's help. Fred was wet vacuuming the water and Terry told us to call the insurance company. I called them about ten p.m. and they called a restoration service who came out about midnight and was here until two a.m. They got most of the water out but this morning the carpets are still wet. The people said they would be back today some time. I hope this makes your day seem better than mine was yesterday. The basement has several tables we put up and put the dry boxes on them. It is a big mess.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I heard Wesley thought you had a really big mess. Did he tell you that enough times. lol.